Pages on Indian Beauty Center

Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo Review

Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo Review

Claims : Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo gently cleanses hair for bounce and natural volume. Oxygen Moisture Shampoo is made with Oxyfusion Technology, a new generation of moisture. With lightweight, oxygen-fused conditioning ingredients, the formula rapidly disperses on your hair. It gently cleanses & moisturizes, breathing life into fine, flat hair.



 Ingredients :

Shelf Life : 24 months from Pkd.

Price in India : Rs. 292 for 340ml

Directions for Use : Apply through wet hair, lather and rinse out. For best results, follow with Dove Oxygen Moisture Conditioner. In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly.

My Experience with Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo :

Oxyfusion technology was something new to me when I bought the Dove oxygen moisture hair cleanser. I have been using this for 3 weeks now and I must say that I am impressed! It comes in a beautiful bottle with a light blue cap. It is thick and slightly runny in consistency and the fascinating thing is that it is transparent and extremely light blue in color. The bottle is too big to be carried while travelling.




This dove shampoo lathers really well, owing to the SLS content. It cleans the hair and scalp really well and remove all oil in just two washes. I need regular amount of this shampoo for my slightly dry hair. The results were really satisfying. It made my hair bouncier, softer, shinier, smoother and it did look more voluminous. And, it did all this in just a single use. Although the short term benefits of the shampoo are great, I am worried about the long term effects it might have on my hair and scalp. It contains a long list of chemicals including silicones.


Dove oxygen moisture shampoo did not dry out my hair. Honestly, I sometimes skip using a conditioner when I have used this. It does not repair the hair much and does not work for split ends. But, it helps in controlling frizz to some extent. My hair feels better now. I think this will find a permanent place in my shelf.

PROS of Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo :

1) Affordable
2) Fragrance is nice and lingers of for a couple of hours
3) Lathers really well
4) Cleans the hair and scalp nicely
5) Does not dry out the hair and scalp, but dry hair and scalp will need a good conditioner otherwise hair may look frizzy
6) Makes the hair look little more voluminous
7) Makes my tresses soft, shiny, smooth and bouncy
8) Controls frizz to an extent
9) Packaging is attractive
10) Does not weigh down my hair
11) Effect lasts for 2 days


CONS of Dove oxygen Moisture Shampoo :

1) Contains a lot of chemicals including SLS and silicones
2) Can cause problems in the long term, because of the presence of so many chemicals
3) Will be good for oily hair but might be stripping for very dry hair or scalp
4) Does not repair hair


Final Verdict : Overall, I love this shampoo! It helps me get the appearance of having that extra natural volume I like. For my slightly dry hair this worked well and I am sure it would work fantastically for those with oily scalp. But, if you have very dry hair and scalp then use a good moisturizing conditioner after using this. This is kind of a magical product as I have not seen too many shampoos helping me. But, having said that, beware of the long term effects this might have on your hair.

Rating : 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.